North Coast Eye Care is committed to providing advanced vision care in a professional and comfortable environment. Our primary eye care service includes a complete eye exam that analyzes eye health and vision function. In addition to eye exams and vision testing, we provide testing for glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration. We also offer glasses, contact lenses, specialty contact lenses and pre- and post-operative care.
We provide thorough eye exams using the latest technology. Comprehensive yearly exams include:
- Physical eye health exam
- Tonometry (eye pressure)
- Visual field testing
- Retinal photography
Additional testing may be required to diagnose an eye disease or condition.
Advances in the field of optometry have produced a variety of different types of contact lenses in new lens materials with a range of benefits. Some of the types of contact lenses we prescribe include:
- Toric for astigamatism
- Toric Multifocal (Astigmatism correction with distance and reading capabilities)
- Multifocal for presbyopia
- Daily Disposables
- Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) in all designs
- Scleral lenses (lenses for keratoconus)
- New silicone hydrogel lenses that are more comfortable for patients with dry eyes
- Very high prescriptions
- Post surgical difficult fits
We pride ourselves on keeping our contact lens products as low as possible so that we are competitive with online retailers. In addition, we help you utilize manufacturer rebates which are available for most brands of contact lenses.
We see eye emergencies daily. Symptoms include:
- Eye pain or injury
- Chemicals or foreign body in eye
- Sudden loss of vision
- Recent double vision
- New spots, floater or flashes of light
- Blurred, distorted or loss of side vision
We also diagnose and treat corneal abrasions, eye infections, ulcers, allergies, inflammatory diseases, glaucoma and many other eye conditions.
Ocular Disease Management
We offer a variety of advanced testing for many different medical eye diseases and issues.
- Glaucoma management
- Diabetic eye care and retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye
- Ocular Rosacea
- Cataract and laser surgery consultation as well as post-operative care
- Vitreous Detachment
- Retinal Detachment